Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

How to unclip a power window switch for a 98 nissan 200sx/se

how to unclip a power window switch for a 98 nissan 200sx/se
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Your trying to remove the switch from the door panel?

Let me know, Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

wiring harness from the power window switch like it has welded itself together help will not disconnect by pushing the grey tab and using the black tabs to pull it apart

Donna

Which connector? The one to the window switch?

It should be a white connector and you just press the button down and pull? If you can't press the button, using a small screw driver to press it down for you works also.

Let me know if that is the connector you are talking about and if this information is helpful.

Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Jay,

the wiring harness that plugges into the switch , will not disconnect even when i try a screw driver to help hold the grey tab down

Thanks

Donna

Is that gray lock tab broken? If it is then you may need a pick to pull down the lock then use the flat head screw driver to pry it out of the switch.

There is no tricks to removing that switch. The only other thing I can think of, that I have seen and hate when the do this! I have seen shops that break the lock on the connectors and use crazy glue to seat and hold the connector. If that is the case, the connector could get damaged and so can the window switch. Just throwing that out there since it doesn't seem to unplug easy as it should.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Jay

the more i look at the grey tab. I think it is broken so ill get a pick and a flat head screw driver and try that.

Thank you

Donna