Rick
Rick, Nissan Master Technician
Experience:  27 Years working in Nissan Dealerships Currently working for Nissan Dealer
32033408

1994 300zx check engine light on car appears to run normal

If the Check Engine light is on, and you have no drivability issues, then more than likely this will be an EVAP (emissions) system issue. Seeing as there are so many sensors/parts within this system, taking a "guess" isn't very efficient. The best place to start is at your local Auto Zone. You need to have the codes read from the computer, and Auto Zone will do this for Free. Once you have these codes you can more accurately determine which sensor/part in which system has the fault.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't consider that much of an answer, what has been your experience with 1994 300 zx check engine lights, and I already know that I can go to auto zone and get the code, what typically goes out, in your experience

Tell you what, let me opt-out and forward your question to another Tech that may better assist you. Sorry for the inconvenience. Sit tight one sec, someone will be right with you...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks

Hello I will help with your question please remember to click the ACCEPT when done I don't get paid unless you do

with your model of Z car the evap codes don't really apply because its too early for them those codes are typically on cars from 96 on up on your vehicle the most common codes that come up are the o2 sensor codes and on occasion an egr code and every once and a while you get a code 45 for injector leak but I doubt that one since you have no drivability problems however the egr and the o2 sensor codes can be set and no real drivability issue detected - the egr code can be the most difficult one to repair because when it sets its usually the egr tubes under the plenum that are clogged and they are real trouble to get out and clean

Rick, Nissan Master Technician
Experience: 27 Years working in Nissan Dealerships Currently working for Nissan Dealer