Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

can i do idle relearn on 2002 altima 2.5 without going to the

can i do idle relearn on 2002 altima 2.5 without going to the dealer
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Yes you can. There is a way to perform it manually. First let me know if your have replaced the throttle chamber or are just trying to perform the relearn.

Let me know, thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i only cleaned the thorttle body during a tune up

Expert:  Jay replied 4 years ago.
Did you clean it on the car? and plugged in?

Let me me know, thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
on the car and plugged in sprayed carb cleaner on a rag and wiped it out held blade open with my fingers
Expert:  Jay replied 4 years ago.
Well first off, cleaning the throttle chamber on the car and plugged in especially can damage and short out the throttle chamber. Also, when you clean it on the car, if you have any remaining residual in the intake of the cleaner, performing a relearn will not work. The system is so sensitive that the fumes of the cleaner can throw it off. When ever you clean a Nissan electronic throttle chamber then need to be unplugged and removed from the car. Once removed from the car you can clean them simply by spraying them down and scrubbing them with a toothbrush. In any case, here are the steps to performing the Idle Relearn manually. If you have a Service Engine Soon light on, and have a different code other than P0507, then you may have damaged the throttle chamber cleaning it. graphicgraphicgraphicgraphic

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks a lot jay will try later today doug
Expert:  Jay replied 4 years ago.
Ok Doug, your welcome. If the Manual way doesn't work, then you may need to have a advanced level scanner that can perform the idle relearn do it for you.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Thanks Jay!
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience: 20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer