How do you do a idle relearn on a 2004 nissan murano
Year: 2004Make: NissanEngine: 3.5
nothing just replaced plugs with ngk plugs battery was unplugged for a while because i also replace motor mounts, idle is lower than original idle
Greetings Sir or Madam and welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem.Here is the procedure to re learn the idle without the scan tool. Make sure to follow all of the steps and to use a watch or clock with a second hand. The timing has to be perfect. Hope it helps! Thanks
1. Perform "Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning".
a. Make sure that accelerator pedal is fully released.
b. Turn ignition switch 'ON' and wait at least 2 seconds.
c. Turn ignition switch 'OFF' wait at least 10 seconds.
d. Turn ignition switch 'ON' and wait at least 2 seconds.
e. Turn ignition switch 'OFF' wait at least 10 seconds.
2. Perform "Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning" .
b. Turn ignition switch 'ON'.
Make sure that throttle valve moves during above 10 seconds by confirming the operating sound.
3. Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.
4. Turn ignition switch 'OFF' and wait at least 10 seconds.
5. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch 'ON' and wait 3 seconds.
6. Repeat the following procedure quickly five times within 5 seconds.
a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal.
b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
7. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 20 seconds until the MIL stops blinking and turned ON.
8. Fully release the accelerator pedal within 3 seconds after the MIL goes off.
9. Start engine and let it idle.
10. Wait 20 seconds.
11. Rev up the engine two or three times and make sure that idle speed and ignition timing are within the specifications.
12. If idle speed and ignition timing are not within the specification, the result will be incomplete. In this case, more test needs to be done.