Aaron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Nissan Senior Master

how to replace a brake light switch

Customer Question

how to replace a brake light switch
Category: Nissan
Expert:  marcpod replied 6 years ago.
Welcome. Can you give me the model and the engine size?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

XE V6 crew cab
Expert:  marcpod replied 6 years ago.
ok Thank you. The brake light switch is on the back side of the pedal it is clipped in. Just remove and slide out the sensor and replace. That is it. If you need anything just let me know.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have looked closley and can not see the base of the switch due to othe brackets in the way
Expert:  marcpod replied 6 years ago.
You will have to remove those brackets in the way. but that is it. Then its just getting in there to replace it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
After closer inspection looking for a "clip" I found that it was not a clip but a lock nut tacked to the iaccessable side of the bracket and a second that needs to be loosen. To remove the obstructing brackets involves the steering column. This has not been of any help.
Expert:  Aaron replied 6 years ago.
Turn the brake switch 90deg and it will slide out. There is no need to remove any brackets.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Turning the switch 90' doese nothing. I have removed the lower half of the dash. That has allowed me access to the lock nut. By lossening the lock nut the entire switch was able to be un screewed from the bracket and a new one installed.

You must have been thinking of a newer model or a completly different model or just winging it.

Your advice was not helpful therfore I will not be paying for it.