Nathan, Nissan Technician
Experience:  17+ sole Nissan Experience, Master ASE and Master Nissan trained.

what will a bad transmission solenoid make your car do

Category: Nissan
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 years ago.
Have you had your engine and transmission codes checked?

If not, could you do so tomorrow at a autozone or other parts store and then give me all the codes stored?

Customers frequently mistake an engine divability issue as a transmission problem.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have a bad 02 sensor that is the only code coming up for my check engine light so i know it ain't nothing in the engine
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 years ago.
It can still be a engine issue, Often times the engine will run lean as a result of a bad airflow meter. When this happens it affects the load signal and can cause the transmission to shift funny. When it gets bad enough it will set a light but yours may not have gotten that far along yet.

To check it you will need to use a scanner with the ability to monitor "self learning values"
The values indicate how much the computer has attempted to compensate for a problem.

In addition the oxygen sensor might be related to another problem all together.
It is worth the time to check it out especially since this vehicle is known for airflow meter failures. It is very common.