Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Qualified to repair all makes and models.

My 2007 versa with the cvt trans is making a whine noise..neutral

my 2007 versa with the cvt trans is making a whine noise and is continues when you stop for a second or two like if something is trying to decelerate . I have 58000 miles. it does not make the noise in neutral only in drive and it has felt like it heisted a few times. Is this a problem common to the car and is it covered by the warrenty
Yes this is an internal transmission issue and will be covered under warranty.Is the check engine light on also?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes it is on. what is the warranty is it 60,000 0r have they increased it. Is there a time limit as I bought the car in 2006
No the cvt is still covered .You need to bring it in asap.If there was ever an issue at the dealer just call 1-800-Nissan1 which is corperate and they will make sure the dealer takes care of the problem.