Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078
Nissan

7/00 NISSAN PATHFINDER LE 3.5L will not accelerate very intermittent

7/00 NISSAN PATHFINDER LE 3.5L... Show More
7/00 NISSAN PATHFINDER LE 3.5L will not accelerate very intermittent mechanical accelerator cable
Category: Nissan
replied 6 years ago.
Greetings and welcome to JA! I will do my very best to assist you with your problem. I have vast knowledge with your vehicle and will reply promptly!
Do you get a check engine light coming on when it won't accelerate?
Customer reply replied 6 years ago.
no check engine light need more help
Mike V., Nissan Technician replied 6 years ago.
OK,i am here to help,but I need to ask some questions to get a feel for your situation. When there is a lack of acceleration, does the engine speed increase and the truck won't move? Or is it a lack of power on the at the engine?
Customer reply replied 6 years ago.
no engine speed increase upon pushing gas pedal down can flutter gas pedal and after a couple of tries it will accelerate
OK, You need to start by checking the fuel pressure and make sure it stays flat or increases when you step on the accelerator.You may also have a mass air flow sensor going bad,but I like to eliminate the other possible culprits prior to the mass air flow. There are not many things that will cause this without setting the light. The fuel and mass air flow are about it.Fuel pressure should be about 45 psi and not drop off when you accelerate.
Customer reply replied 6 years ago.

got 44 lbs of fuel pressure cold and hot

OK,This is good, does it stay there when you rev the engine?
Customer reply replied 6 years ago.
stays at 44 psi when reving
OK, can you get the engine to rev over 2500-2,700 or does it seem to cut off about there?
Customer reply replied 6 years ago.
yes will rev up but limiter seems to cut it out at 2600
OK, I am going to say the mass air flow sensor is no good. It cuts the fuel between 2500-2700 rpms when it goes into failsafe.
It will only set the check engine light if the connection is broken, but if it is reading wrong, the fuel cut happens.
Replace it with a Nissan factory part however, aftermarket burn out of these usually within 2 weeks.
Also, make sure you disconnect the battery for at least 30 minutes after the install to reset the fuel trim, otherwise it will use the old fuel trim and there will be no change.
Customer reply replied 6 years ago.
waiting on nissan dealer supplied mass air flow sensor will install on customers car and see if it will correct problem please keep my accont open should get part monday the 15th will know by wed the 17 and pay my account thank you XXXXX
No problem at all! Make sure to disconnect the battery for about 30 minutes or so to reset the fuel trim, otherwise it will run on the stored fuel trim that is no good.