Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer

2007 pathfinder: thermostat..its still blowing cold air..warm..heater

hi i have a 2007 pathfinder and i had the thermostat changed and its still blowing cold air . when its on the road is when it starts gettin warm .could there be an air lock or a bad heater?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

How many miles on the truck. Was the coolant system bleed or just filled?

Let me know, thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
there is 74 000 miles on the pathfinder and all that was done is the thermostat changed and nothin else
Expert:  Jay replied 4 years ago.
Most common for no heat at idle and warm or good heat when driving is air trapped in the coolant system. The coolant system can be a bit tricky to bleed. Here is how you bleed it.

First you will need to crimp off two lines. See image.graphic

Then to bleed the coolant system, remove the radiator cap. Install the coolant bucket. Fill the bucket about 1/2 way. Then raise the front of the car as high as if it were on ramps. This way if there is air in the coolant system, the circulation brings it to the highest point. Then turn on the car, and put the heat on speed number 4, recirc mode on, and face mode. You may need to rev the engine a few times to move the coolant around to get the air out. After you have good heat, and little to no bubbles in the coolant bucket. Then the coolant system is properly bleed. You should have good heat when bleed properly. So when you put your hand over the vent and hold it there for 30 seconds, you get a slight burning sensation. That is perfect heat.graphicgraphic

If you can't get a coolant bucket, you can make one. See image.graphic

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience: 20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer