Adin3
Adin3, Nissan Mechanic
Experience:  Autozone Manager 3 years, mechanic 10 years
9051600

How do i replace the heater core in a 2000 nissan maxima

Customer Question

how do i replace the heater core in a 2000 nissan maxima
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Adin3 replied 4 years ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer.

image

image

image

Adin3, Nissan Mechanic
Experience: Autozone Manager 3 years, mechanic 10 years
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
this doesnt really help me. how much of the dash do i have to take appart? is it behind the glove box or radio? what has to be taken appart to get to this? how many hours should this take?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
?
Expert:  Adin3 replied 4 years ago.

Give me one moment. I am uploading the other instructions.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok awaiting other instructions
Expert:  Adin3 replied 4 years ago.

This is going to be a while, the majority of the instrument panel has to be taken off and the air bag system has to be disabled.

Drain the system procedure (ma-16)

Blower and cooling system

Steering member assembly (majority of the panel has to come out.) I am uploading that now.

Expert:  Adin3 replied 4 years ago.

This is a big job.

airbag3.png

Expert:  Adin3 replied 4 years ago.

Maxima

1. Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
  2. Disconnect the negative battery terminal.

CAUTION After disconnecting the negative battery cable, wait for at least 3 minutes for the SRS modules to deplete its energy.
  1. Drain the cooling system into a clean container for reuse.
  2. Remove the air bag module and steering wheel by removing or disconnecting the following:

Place the front wheels in the straight-ahead position Lower lid and disconnect the air bag electrical connector at the bottom of the steering wheel Side lids from both sides of the steering wheel Torx® bolts using a Torx® wrench T50 from both side of the steering wheel; then, discard the bolts Air bag module from the steering wheel Steering wheel nut Steering wheel from the steering column using a suitable puller
  3. Disarm the passenger-s side air bag by removing or disconnecting the following:

Glove box lid Passenger-s air bag electrical connector
  4. Remove the instrument panel by removing or disconnecting the following:

Upper and lower glove box screws and remove the glove box Lower instrument panel screws and the panel at the driver-s side Knee protector screws and the knee protector Steering column cover screws and the cover Combination switch-to-steering column screws, disconnect the electrical connector and the combination switch Cluster lid -A- screws and the lid Combination meter screws, disconnect the electrical connectors and the combination meter Center ventilator with the switch panel using a suitable prytool Cover plate (automatic transmission) or the shifter cover plate (manual transmission) Ashtray Upper and lower audio/air conditioning control unit assembly screws and the assembly Console box screws and the console box (under the shifter cover plate); be sure to remove the rear screws Front pillar garnish Left and right lower cover and the center lower cover at the instrument panel dash Defroster grille Instrument panel-to-chassis nuts/bolts and the instrument panel
  5. Remove or disconnect the following:

Rear heater ducts Side ventilator ducts Center defroster duct and the center ventilator duct Heater housing-to-chassis fasteners and remove the heater housing Heater core from the heater housing