Nathan, Nissan Technician
Experience:  17+ sole Nissan Experience, Master ASE and Master Nissan trained.
19225669

97 NISSAN MAXIMA: NEW BATTERY,NEW ALTERNATOR..FUSES

97 NISSAN MAXIMA,NEW BATTERY,NEW ALTERNATOR,FUSES GOOD.STILL WONT CHARGE FROM ALT.HELP
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 years ago.
Let me see if I can help you. First I need to gather some information from you.

Please answer these questions so I can get a good idea as to what is happening.
  1. Does the Battery light illuminate in the dash when the key is in the ON position and the Engine OFF? Please let me know.
  2. Have you inspected all the fuses AND the fusible links both in the vehicles cabin and under the hood?
  3. Have you checked to make sure the drive belt is on properly and is tight?
  4. Do you have a test light available to do some testing?
  5. Do you have a volt meter available for testing?
  6. The alternator you replaced is it Nissan or After market?
Please get back to me with this information and give me a time when you will be available to do some checking on the vehicle.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
1)NO 2)YES 3)YES=NEW 4}YES 5)YES 6)NISSAN REBUILD BY NAPA. I WILL BE BACK ON IT 9 AM TOMORROW. THANX
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 years ago.
Ok great, I will try to be on at the same time. It is sounding like you got a bad alternator from Napa but I want to have you check a few things first.

I will see you here tomorrow 9:00 AM tomorrow.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
LETS HOPE NOT.NO FUN REPLACING.ALT WAS REMANED 9/08+TEST RESULTS ON THE STICKER LOOKED GOOD SO I ASSUME THEY TESTED IT.BUT IT WONT BE THE 1ST BAD REMAN PART IVE SEEN
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 years ago.
well I hope not for your sake. But I have seen more bad after market alternators than good ones. They just aren't reliable and actually end up costing more in labor then if a good alternator is purchased from the dealer.

But lets not speculate. We will check it tomorrow.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
THANX,SEE YOU THEN
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 years ago.
Are you on line now? Have you got the vehicle with you? Do you have a test light available?
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 years ago.
I forgot to ask you which time zone you are in. I will be checking back over the next 2 hours. I am in central time zone.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
CUSTOMER IS JUNKING CAR,MANY MORE ISSUES FOUND ON SUNDAY.THIS IS A MONEY PIT WITH 200K MILES ON IT!WHERE IS THE "ACCEPT" BUTTON?THANX FOR YOUR TIME.THIS IS A GREAT SITE.
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 years ago.
Sorry to hear that. The ACCEPT button is available I believe in the bottom right. I am not real familiar with the customer side of this site.
Nathan, Nissan Technician
Experience: 17+ sole Nissan Experience, Master ASE and Master Nissan trained.