Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

97 nissan quest: new thermostat..necessary to remove the head gasket

I have a 97 nissan quest. I would like install a new thermostat housing part #11061+a and 11061 respectively the thermostat housing and the cover. Would it be necessary to remove the head gasket?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  BigBob replied 6 years ago.
Greetings,

what part numbers are those? Are you just asking about replacing the thermostat?

Bob
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I am trying to replace the thermosthat housing. However, I do not know if it is also necessary to remove the head gasket in the process. My job will be easier if I do not. Your answer should be a simple yes or no with some details.

The number 11061 +a is the part # XXXXX obtained from the dealer for the housing thermostat

Expert:  Jay replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

That thermostat housing you are looking to replace will require you to remove the plenum and the intake. You don't need to remove the cylinder heads. That is the main housing that holds the thermostat, which is located under the intake.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience: 20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer