Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.

Nissan Maxima GLE: check engine..Camshaft Posistion..actuator..timing

I have a 11/01 Nissan Maxima GLE with a 3.5 . I do no t know if this is a qwinsidence or what but ,perfomred a LOF on it and about a week later the check engine lamp comes on , code P0011, Camshaft Posistion actuator a bank 1 -timing over-advanced. removed the code and never came back on again ,, then it was time to do another LOF on it and two weeks later check engine lamp came back on again with same code .. read some message about making sure the oil level is above the full mark on the dip stick or it could cause this problem ,, made sure it was on the second LOF ,, whats the deal ?
HI there! Is suspect the valve is losing the oil pressure when you change the oil. Then when you start the car the variable timing is not up to par until it fills back up with oil. This is really not a major problem, however the light will likely continue to come on unless you change the valve. It uses oil pressure to advance the timing. Hope this helps!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

This must be very easy to replace since it only pays 0.3 labor ,, if I was to replace it is there any precautions you can tell me about ?

Parts Information
PartOEM PartPrice
Variable Valve Timing Solenoid
Solenoid Valve
Variable Valve Timing Solenoid

The only real thing to be concerned with is to make sure it seals properly. It is simple to replace as it sits on top of the timing cover. You have to make sure it seals properly because there's always oil pressure going through it. Otherwise, it is a very simple procedure.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

OK -one more question and I will accept ,, bank ONE ,, is that the side of the engine that is on the front side of the car or is it on the back side of the car

Bank one is the bank on the firewall side. The pain in the butt side :)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK --thanks
You are very welcome and thanks for the accept!