Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.

My 2007 Nissan Sentras trunk latch wont release. How can I

Customer Question

My 2007 Nissan Sentra's trunk latch wont release. How can I get it to release? When you push the trunk button on the fob you hear it unlock , but does not release the latch all the way. What can I do ? Thanks
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.
HI there! If you fold down the rear seat you should see a handle on the truck lid. Pull that handle to release the trunk,then once open, there should be a lever on the trunk latch that may have gotten bumped. Switch the lever and try it again,this should make is so the trunk will open with the lever or key fob. Hope this helps!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How do i get the seats down it is a sedan?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It is a sedan how do i get the back seats down?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.
There should be buttons on the top side of the rear seats.If not you can try using the key, otherwise you will have to manually remove the rear seat to get to the release handle
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Do all NIssan Sentra SpecV's have the buttons on the rear seats and is there a conventional lock on the trunks for the key. TY

Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 years ago.
The folding seats are an option. There should be a lock cylinder located by the license plate...should be!