Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

99 nissan maxima - p1320 and p0325 codes misfires I have

99 nissan maxima - p1320 and p0325 codes misfires
I have Actron freeze data for the p1320 code
knock and cam sensors check out ok
no misefirec odes
lt & st ftrm 1 and 2 read = 0.0 and 7.0/ 9.6
lt & st ftrm 3 and 4 read = -100.6
are thes reading normal? what's the fix if not?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 years ago.
HI there! the 1320 code requires replacement of all the ignition coils to resolve. The fuel trim readings look fine. The problem is the car isn't smart enough to determine which cylinder is the problem,so it throws the 1320 code and you have to replace all the coils to resolve. This is really the nissan repair for this code. Hope this helps!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I have seen this answer already bouncing around on the internet and in my case is not entirely correct.

http://www.carsurvey.org/reviews/nissan/maxima/r64073/comments/page-2/

I reliably replaced three of the coils over the years because the OCM gave me specific cylinder misfire information.

Also, how do I know if I am getting a good coil from the parts store? The bad coils don't really test as bad with an ohm meter? I have the three that I know are bad and they test out the same as the good ones.

Kind of an expensive experiment at $80x6 if it turns out not to be the problem.

My next intended step for tomorrow was to purchase one front (246) and one back (135) coil and systematically replace each exiting coil and test drive. The only flaw here is if I have more than one bad coil going at a time - or I get lucky?

Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 years ago.
Well,if your car picked the cylinder then at some point the mass air flow up date on the ecm has likely been done. I totally agree with you about checking the ohm reading. The coils when cool and on the bench frequently read the same. It is when the car is running one or more is open. You can try the test you want with swapping coils,but eventually you will replace them all.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

You were correct, I had three remaining original coils. I replaced them and all has gone back to normal no codes.

Thanks,

Mark D.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 years ago.
Glad to hear it is running right again! The 1320 code is the worst code ever!