Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Qualified to repair all makes and models.

Nissan Altima: Master Warning light is on with no other lights

Master Warning light is on with no other lights on my Nissan Altima 2008
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.
OK was there any work done prior to this happening or was the car refueled?How many miles on the car?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Prior to this light going on, the air pressure light was on so I had a friend put air in the tires. However, the air in all the tires was close to the max of 32. I started the car after he put the air in the tires, and the tire light is still on and I noticed that the Master light was also on. I have approximately 38,000 miles on the car. My friend checked the gas cap also.

Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.
OK the best thing to do is have the car scannned at any autozone they will do it for free then go from there to determine the failure.You have 2 different issues the tire light is most likely a failed sensor and they will cover the repari at the dealer since you only have 38,000 miles on it they will goodwill the repair.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have the 100,000 mile warranty on my car so do you think that these 2 issues should be covered. I change my oil regularly and I had my fuel injectors cleaned but I hate bringing my car to the dealer because the last time I brought it I asked them to only do an oil change and when I went in to pick it up it cost me $380.00.
Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.
Yes absolutely both will be covered at no charge to you.Just have them check these issues with no other work wanted.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Just one other question on this issue. Is there a chance that the lights will just go off once I drive the car. Since I just had air put in the tires do I have to drive it to reset the lights?
Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.
The check engine light is a different issue .For the tire light it might go out but most common is the sensor is bad.Will need to have the car scanned for the check engine light problem.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is the Master Light the same as the check engine light? I thought they were 2 different lights. The book says the Master Light goes on when there are several other lights lit but there is only one light lit, the tire light.
Expert:  Tom replied 6 years ago.
Yes its the same as the check engine light.The check engine light will come on with other lights like the vsa light etc.You need to see what codes are stored for both to be sure what the problem is.It should be covered under your warranty so I would have it checked for piece of mind.