Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

98 Nissan Maxima code po325 knock sensor 1)checked for corrosion

98 Nissan Maxima code po325 knock sensor 1)checked for corrosion in sensor connection(OK)2) disconnected sub-harnes connector checked resistance betweensensor signal terminal & grnd .56MEG OHM(OK)3)checked harness continuity between sensor to ECM(OK) Still have po325 can't clear w/ scanner or taking neg cable off for 5 mins. Where do I go from here?
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Most cases when you have a hard code knock sensor, it's the sensor that has failed. You do not need to remove the intake plenum to replace the sensor. You can crack the 12 mm bolt with a 1/4 inch swivel and extension. I can get these replaced in around 20 mins.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
can the sensor be bad if it has .56 MEG OHMS can the sensor be bad?
Meg ohms, yeah, that is way to much. It is measured to Kil ohms. Here is the component check.graphic

Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
IT is 560kil ohms same as new one I have I didn't want to put in new if I didn't have to
99% of the time, it's the sensor that causes that code. So if you have the sensor, I would put it in. I rarely ever ohm check the sensor any more. When you get a knock sensor code, you put the sensor in, 99% of the time it fixes it.

Thanks Jay!