Roy, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Nissan Master technician

2002 altima 3.5 6cyl p0011 and p0021 codes. Car runs,would

2002 altima 3.5 6cyl p0011 and p0021 codes. Car runs,would not start twice let it sit starts right up. Engine light on. One time engine shook when started.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Roy replied 6 years ago.

These codes are for you intake valve timing of your engine , have you checked it when the engine will not start do you get the same codes? let me know Thanks ROY!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the 1st time it would not start Nov 25 took to auto zone they read the p0011 and p0021 codes..they said it was the cam sensors i ordered the parts then the light went out car seemed to run fine did not replace parts son took back to school no problem till 2 days ago. Engine shook when started then died...son said would not start 10 minutes later I was able to start car ran fine for two days now engine light came on took to auto zone read p0011 p0021 codes.
Expert:  Roy replied 6 years ago.

There is a bulletin for the no start and for your codes stored in the ECM , the first thing to do is check the oil level this will affect the cam sprockets and trigger a failure code, there is also a voluntary recall for the cam sensors for a no start condition,graphicgraphic I would have Nissan install the sensors for you, This will be free at the dealer it is a recall here are the bulletins . Thanks let me know if you have more questions, ROY!