Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

WHERE IS LOCATED THE HEATER VALVE CONTROL FOR A NISSAN QUEST

WHERE IS LOCATED THE HEATER VALVE CONTROL FOR A NISSAN QUEST 2000
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 4 years ago.

hi

this may help you

thanks

please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..i'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please dont let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP merry christmas

Heater Water Control Valve

REMOVAL & INSTALLATION

, the heater water control valve is removed as follows:

1. Remove the heater core. Please refer to Heater Core, Removal and Installation for the procedure.
  2. Remove the four heater water control valve screws and remove the valve from the heater core.
  3. The installation is the reverse of removal.

FIG : Removing the heater water control valve-

image

1999-00 vehicles

FIG : Front heater and A/C evaporator assemblies and ducts-1999-00 vehicles

image

NOTE If your vehicle is equipped with air conditioning, refer to the information regarding the implications of servicing your A/C system yourself. Only a MVAC-trained, EPA-certified, automotive technician should service the A/C system or its components.

1. Have the A/C system evacuated by a qualified technician using a recovery/recycling station.
  2. Disconnect the battery cables, negative cable first.
  3. Drain and recycle the engine coolant.
  4. Disconnect the heater hoses from the heater core at the bulkhead.
  5. Locate the power steering junction block in the engine compartment. Remove the two bolts from the junction block and position it aside.
  6. Using special tools designed for spring lock couplings, disconnect the A/C lines from the evaporator.
  7. Remove the instrument cluster. Please refer to Instruments and Switches, Instrument Cluster, Removal and Installation for the procedure.
  8. Remove the instrument panel. Please refer to Body and Trim, Interior, Instrument Panel, Removal and Installation for the procedure.
  9. Remove the four lower instrument panel brace bolts and remove the brace.
  10. Disconnect the front blower motor electrical connector.
  11. Remove the two blower motor speed control screws and remove the speed control.
  12. Disconnect the temperature blend/panel bypass (air mix) door motor electrical connector.
  13. Disconnect the blower motor-to-A/C evaporator case vent hose.
  14. Remove the three nuts and two screws from A/C evaporator and blower motor assembly.
  15. Disconnect the electronic automatic temperature control hose.
  16. Carefully remove the A/C evaporator and blower motor assembly from the vehicle.
  17. Remove the front seats. Please refer to Body and Trim, Interior, Seats, Removal and Installation for the procedure.
  18. Remove the accelerator pedal stop bolt and remove the stop.
  19. Remove both the driver's side and passenger's side front scuff plates. These are the panels on the body at the bottom of the doors. There are four retaining clips that hold each plate in place. Pull up on each plate to remove it.
  20. Remove both the driver's side and passenger's side kick panels. Pull out on the panels to release the clips.
  21. Remove the rear seat air duct bolts.
  22. Remove the bolts from the rear seat air duct grilles and remove the grilles.
  23. Pull the floor carpet back and reposition it to gain access to the floor outlet duct.
  24. Remove the rear seat heater outlet duct cover bolts and remove the cover.
  25. Remove the two bolts from the rear seat heater outlet duct and remove the duct.
  26. Remove the nuts from both the left and right instrument panel center support brackets and remove the brackets.
  27. Remove the lower instrument panel center support bracket nuts and remove the bracket.
  28. Remove the heater outlet floor duct.
  29. Disconnect the air mix motor/mode door motor electrical connector.
  30. Remove the heater intake duct bolts and remove the duct.
  31. Remove the upper and lower heater case nuts and remove the heater case.
  32. Place the heater case on a workbench or other suitable working surface.
  33. Remove the foam grommet from the heater core pipes.
  34. Remove the two screws from the heater pipe plate and remove the plate.
  35. Remove the heater core retainer and remove the heater core from the heater assembly.

To install:

1. The installation is the reverse of removal, but please note the following important steps.
  2. When installing the lower instrument panel center support bracket, tighten the nuts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
  3. When installing the left and right instrument panel center support brackets, tighten the nuts to 44 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
  4. When installing the rear seat heater outlet duct cover, tighten the bolts to 44 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
  5. Fill and bleed the cooling system.
  6. Run the engine and check for leaks.
  7. Check the heater system for proper operation.

Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience: Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.