Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

1997 Nissan Pick Up - NO Spark, does not start. Changed distributor,

1997 Nissan Pick Up - NO Spark, does not start. Changed distributor, ECM, and crank sensor.
Does crank sensor have a 12 volt signal; what other possible problem may this be?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Do you have any codes?

Let me know, Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Code came back 1320, cleared the computer, tried to start and the same code 1320came up again....(distributor has been changed twice)
Expert:  Jay replied 6 years ago.
Are you replacing it with After Market Distributors?

Let me know, Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
used from a running engine
Expert:  Jay replied 6 years ago.
Ok, you will need to perform the diagnostic steps. Here is the wiring diagram for you and the all the diagnostic steps and component checks. This should help you isolate the problem.graphicgraphicgraphicgraphic

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Awhile ago the guy that had this truck said that he was burning up the fusible link next to the battery . the reminder was the first diagram inline fusible linkl. I had checked the wiring harness. I will check with the diagrams you have sent me and i do appreciate the help thank you . any reason why that could have getting hot. I will accept and give a good rating.
Expert:  Jay replied 6 years ago.
Check the alternator if you get it running and make sure it's not over charging. That could do it.

Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
jay sorry for the delay on the 97nissan p/u the final results were the wiring harness at the back of the motor had dropped on thevalve cover stud and was shorting out.The wiring diagram you had sent me was the trick.Continuity test between the wiring harness at the battery and at the dist. showed open leads fixed the harness and waaa laaa brrrruuuummmmm.thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Expert:  Jay replied 5 years ago.
Glad you found the problem. Wiring issues can be tricky.

Thanks Jay!