Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

My nissan 370z will not start the intelligent key lets me

My nissan 370z will not start the intelligent key lets me unlock the doors but the push button for the ignition stays in lock mode. How do I start this thing
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Did you try putting your remote key fob in the key fob slot?

Let me know, thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes I did and it still stays in the lock position

Expert:  Jay replied 4 years ago.
Give me a min to look into this information for you to escape from lock mode.

Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks man please get back to me as soon as possible
Expert:  Jay replied 4 years ago.
Ok, Try this. This should escape you from lock mode.graphic

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
when i put the key in the slot the push button doesnt work at all man I cant even get the push button to the battery mode with the key inserted in the slot the button does not work at all battery and ignition
Expert:  Jay replied 4 years ago.
There is only one last thing I can have you try. Other wise it may need to get towed to the dealer.

Try disconnecting the negative battery terminal for 10 mins. Then reconnect it and see if it starts. If it does not, then you will need to contact you local Nissan dealer to have this taken care of for you under warranty. If the key fob slot box has failed, it can act like your describing. I have seen these boxes go bad.

Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience: 20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
could it be that my sensor key has unregistered itself and how can I roll the windows up if I have no power to the car
Expert:  Jay replied 4 years ago.
That could be possible, but there is no tricks to programming those fobs. It requires the Nissan Scan tool. As for your window, there is no tricks. I would try the battery thing and see if that helps. I would get your spare keys and try that also after you have done the battery disconnect after 10 mins.

Thanks Jay!