Roy, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Nissan Master technician

how to relearn throttle and idle speed after throttle body

how to relearn throttle and idle speed after throttle body replacement on
2002 Nissan Mixima

What failure code do you have stored in the control unit? let me know Thanks ROY!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

P0507 idle control higher than expected

The idle will still not come down after setting or did it come down and the light is still on , let me know Thanks ROY!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The idle did not come down, the light is still on. what's the proper way to relearn the throttle? All I have is a generic obd2 scanner.

The first thing I do is let the engine warm up , then make sure all accessories are off and doors shut you dont want any loads on the car on my scanner I also clear all codes and self learnig first , then reset the re learn here are the steps , Thanks ROY!graphicgraphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how do I learn the accelerator pedal release position learning and throttle valve closed position learning. or they are all done by the one step process you mentioned?

Here is the pedal reset also , Thangraphicks ROY!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
you didn't give me what I ask

What else would you like you asked for pedal relearn I gave you that ,if you need more help then ask me ! Thanks ROY!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Roy,

Thanks for your help. The information you gave me is the same information that I provided you with. I was not able to relearn the throttle with the provided information.

I had to take the car to the dealer. The Nissan dealer relearn the throttle & make the MIL

to go out for good.

Thanks again. Your information was good but this vehicle did not work with your advise.

I know you tried your best. Thanks again.

some times it will take a scan tool to get it to reset, with out a special tools it can be hard to do at home, I am glad you got it we tried Thanks again for letting me help you , ROY!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Is there any aftermarket scanners that you recommend that would make this kind of job to work besides the dealer scanner, $3000 snap on or otc. Is there a good scanner that

you recommend for under $500.

I am not sure we just use the consult ,one of the major suppliers like OTC might make one you would need to check with them . Thanks let me know if you need more help , Thanks ROY!

Peter , It has been nice to work with you and Thank you for your acceptance . and the offer of help if I need it, Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX me know if you ever have more Nissan questions, ROY!