Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.

2005 Titan: 000 miles..heater wham the truck shuts..a computer problem

I have a 2005 Titan with approximately 80,000 miles. For no apparent reason the truck will not start at times, i have had the truck turn off while driving or have it running idle and turn on the heater wham the truck shuts off. Is this a computer problem?
Hi there! When it shuts down does it start right back up? Also, have you been able to tell if it loses spark or fuel when this occurs?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No it doesnt start right back up. If the check engine light comes on while I turn the key it will start if the light does not come on no go. I have checked it is getting spark and fuel.
OK, this is likely a problem with the IPDM/ER. It is a large fuse and relay box under the hood.If the check engine light is not coming on, then the ecm relay is not working to power up the ecm.
This is a very common problem with these, in fact it is such a big problem the part is on national backorder. What is happening is the IPDM is shorting or disconnecting the power to the ecm causing the truck to stall. You have to replace the wntire unit and not just the ecm relay. It is the large fuse box located on the passenger side inner fender. Hope this helps!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sweet thanks for your assistance! Have an awesome weekend!
You to!! Thanks for the accept!