marcpod
marcpod, Own collision repair advice
Experience:  i-car/Basf training, 300 repairs and 650,000 in Collision 18 yrs exp licensed adjuster
17579256

what are the timing marks for a 94 sentra xe 1.6

Customer Question

what are the timing marks for a 94 sentra xe 1.6?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  marcpod replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to just answer. Here is the schematic if you need anything else just let me know. If you accept this hit the green payment tab. Thank you

Timing Marks and Indicators
Notes

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
know that - what i really know is the cam shaft timing marks
Expert:  marcpod replied 5 years ago.

ok

This procedure is revised by TSB # XXXXX Date: January 15, 1999

Caution:

• After removing the timing chain, do not turn the crankshaft and camshaft separately or the valves will strike the piston heads.
  • When installing chain tensioners or other sliding parts, lubricate contacting surfaces with new engine oil.
  • Apply new engine oil to bolt threads and seat surfaces when installing the camshaft sprockets and the crankshaft pulley.
  • Do not spill engine coolant on the drive belts.
  • Please use the correct tightening torque .
  1. Install the crankshaft sprocket, making sure the mating marks face the front of the engine.
  2. Install the idler sprocket and lower timing chain using the mating marks and the paint marks made during the removal process. CAUTION: Be careful not to tear or damage the cylinder head gasket.
  3. Install the lower chain guides.
  4. Front cover installation:
    1. Using a scraper or other suitable tool remove all traces of liquid gasket from the cylinder block and front cover mating surfaces.
    2. Install new crankshaft seal in front cover.

1. Install new oil passage O-rings and apply a continuous bead of RTV sealant to the front cover (see figure 1). NOTE: Use Genuine Nissan RTV silicone sealant P/N 999MP-A7007, Three Bond P/N TB1207D or equivalent.
    2. Install the front cover to the engine. CAUTION: Be careful not to tear or damage the cylinder head gasket or oil seal.
  1. Align oil pump drive spacer with the oil pump, and install.
  2. Install the oil strainer.
  3. Install oil pan.
  4. Install upper timing chain and sprockets, using the painted reference marks made during removal.
  5. Install upper chain tensioner.

1. Before installing the chain tensioner, insert a suitable pin into the pin hole of the chain tensioner (see figure 2) to hold the tensioner in.
  2. Once the tensioner is installed, remove the pin.

1. Install the lower chain tensioner (See figure 3). NOTE: Make sure the gasket is facing the proper direction before installing the tensioner. CAUTION: Now rotate the crankshaft by hand. Check that no binding or interference problems occur when the engine is rotated.
  2. Install the thermostat housing.
    1. Use a scraper to remove all traces of liquid gasket from the mating surfaces of the engine front cover and the thermostat housing.

1. Apply a continuous bead of RTV sealant to the housing as shown in image 4. NOTE: Use Genuine Nissan RTV silicone sealant P/N 999MP-A7007, Three Bond P/N TB1207D or equivalent.
  1. Install camshaft sprocket cover:
    1. Use a scraper to remove all traces of liquid gasket from the mating surfaces of the cylinder head and camshaft sprocket cover.

1. Apply a continuous bead of RTV sealant to the cover as shown in image 5. NOTE: Use Genuine Nissan RTV silicone sealant P/N 999MP-A7007, Three Bond P/N TB1207D or equivalent.
    2. Install camshaft sprocket cover.

13.Apply RTV sealant to rocker cover gasket (see figure 6a) and install rocker cover, tightening the bolts as shown in figure 6b. 14.Install the following parts:

1. Crankshaft pulley.
  2. A/C compressor and alternator bracket with alternator.
  3. A/C compressor.
  4. Power steering oil pump and tension rod.
    1. Install front and rear engine gussets (if equipped), and rear cover plate (A/T models).
    2. Install front exhaust tube.
    3. Install upper right engine bracket and mount.
    4. Install coolant reservoir tank.
    5. Install alternator, power steering and A/C compressor drive belts.
    6. Install engine compartment splash guards.
    7. Install vacuum hoses, electrical harnesses and connectors.
    8. Install spark plug wires.
    9. Refill with coolant.
    10. Refill with engine oil.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no - none of the pics showed the actural position of the marks on cam shaft and crank shaft gears? is there a pic of this?
Expert:  marcpod replied 5 years ago.
its the first message that I sent
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

is there a pic of the camshaft & crankshaft timing marks?

Expert:  marcpod replied 5 years ago.

You did not get it I will put in a jpeg for you

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i don't need the outside timing marks - i need a pic of the camshaft gears and crankshaft gear gear marks when replacing chain timing chains
Expert:  marcpod replied 5 years ago.
That is the whole thing that is part of the camshaft and gear
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
nothing showed? what are the alingment mark setting for the camshaft and crankshafts?
Expert:  marcpod replied 5 years ago.

Blow up the last jpeg and you then can see where to align each to

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
on your last two replies, I got nothing what's up with that?
Expert:  marcpod replied 5 years ago.
What do you mean the jpeg that i sent you has the marks shown can you not get the jpeg