Roy
Roy, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Nissan Master technician
8127795

I have a 2001 nissan sentra, Has no power,I replaced the cam

Customer Question

I have a 2001 nissan sentra, Has no power,I replaced the cam sensor, The code p0335 keeps coming up.. checked all fuel systems.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Roy replied 7 years ago.

HI!

Have you had any major work done like a timing chain or head gasket ? let me know Thanks ROY!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am sorry, NO motor work or anything has been done,The catilic conveter got so hot though it actully melted a hole in it, I then pucnhced out the cat to see if it was clogged, i have a new one to put on but that did not help the problem...Its completley stock and has nothing done to it
Expert:  Roy replied 7 years ago.

OK!

How many mile do you have on your car? let me know Thanks ROY!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
85K not many this has beem an on going problem for about a year maybe started at 75K
Expert:  Roy replied 7 years ago.

OK!

We have had a lot of control unit problems with the 2001 and 2002 sentra for lack of power and no start problems , one more thing I have seen on the sentra when the cam sensor code keeps coming up, is when the timing chain jumps timing on the cam sprocket and the cam and crank sensor will be off timing and kick a sensor code like you have . have you had the recall done for the control unit foam here is the recall , if not it could be damaged, Thanks let me know if you have more questions, ROY!graphic