Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

2001 sentra: I flushed the heat coil and changed the thermostate

I have a 2001 sentra with no heat. I flushed the heat coil and changed the thermostate but still no heat. help
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Did you bleed the coolant system? or did you just fill it?

let me know, thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I drain and flushed the hole system. Then flushed the coil it self just to made sure. then refilled with 50/50 antifrezze
When you filled it, how was the system filled is basiclly what I am asking. Was the system just filled, or was the system filled and bleed?

Do you feel any heat from the vents?

Let me know, Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Bleed... no I just filled it ran the engine and rechecked. I'm getting no heat from the vents.
Then that is your problem. The system needs to be bleed. Nissans if not bleed can develop air pockets which will give you no heat.

The way you bleed the coolant system is to first start with the car cold. Then raise the nose of the car as high as if it was on ramps. This way the air pocket can move to the top of the radiator. Then you will need a tool to help bleed it, every one I know uses what they call a coolant bucket. See image.graphicgraphic

You remove the radiator cap, and put this in its place and you fill the bucket about half way. Then you start the car with the heat on full, face mode, recirc on and fan speed 4. You may need to rev the engine to help burp out the air pockets. You know you have gotten all the air out when you have a slight burning sensation at the vents with you hand in front of it for about a min at idle. You may get good heat when reving the engine, but you want to make sure at idle. That is how you bleed a coolant system.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!