Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

how do you replace a pcv valve on a 1999 Nissan Frontier 4

how do you replace a pcv valve on a 1999 Nissan Frontier 4 cylinder
It is located in the valve cover. Follow the hose from the throttle body and it will lead you to it.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
where on the valve cover is it located? the manual i have at home says it is behind the flywheel below the power steering unit. i have searched and without removing the alternator and powersteering, i cannot see it. please help
I do not have a picture of it to show you....let me send your information to another expert and see if they do.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
a picture is not necessary, but helpfull. just le tme know where it is located and how do I ge to it. I just checked my valve cover and there is no pcv valve that I can see. I have replaced many pcv vales in my lifetime. my truck has 108000 miles and I still cannot locate where it is. the shop manual shows a nice picture but it does not tell how to get to it. I have been under the car, removed all bottom and fender panels and I still don't see it. Did Nissan do this intentionaly? I have owned many nissan maximas' and have never had a problemchanging the valve. I need details and am looking for the info.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Here is a image of it's location.graphic

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I appreciate the diagram. what is the best way to access the pcv valve and is there any items that need to be removed
I remember these things being a pain in the you know what. I have not changed one in a long time. I think if i remember correctly, I may have either gotten it out from the top or the side, through the right front inner fender area, after removing the rubber cover. I forget exactly how I got it. I would need one right in front of me for me to remember.

Thanks Jay!
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience: 20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer