Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.

Hi! Re. Nissan Altima 05. Where is the fuse for the headlight

Customer Question

Hi! Re. Nissan Altima '05. Where is the fuse for the headlight (low beam) located. I'm currently in the process of replacing the passenger side bulb and suspect I knocked out the fuse in the process. Thank you so much or all your help on these boards.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 years ago.
Hi there! on the passenger side of the car, by the wahser fluid jug fill it what is called the IPDM/ER. It has the fuses for all of the headlights. Pull the cover and you will see about 60 fuses. The cover is labeled so you should be able to find the fuse. If not let me know and I will see if I can come up with something else for you. Hope this helps! Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi! Found it and thank you very much. Can I ask you this as a follow-up? Turns out that my problem is not with the bulb, but rather with the grounding wire, which seems to have turned partially black as a result of this happening before (with a previous owner I assume since I haven't had this problem). When I replace the wire, can you tell me where it should connect with the bulb? Should it touch the round aluminum shield, the aluminum base of the bulb or should it touch the golden/bronze iron clip that I slide the bulb into? I tried a couple of different things and blew two fuses already, so I'm trying to minimize the collateral damage :) Thanks a lot!
Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 years ago.
Hello again, are these halogen or xenon lights?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Halogen bulb. Thanks Carguy1!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Halogen bulb. Thanks Carguy1!
Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 years ago.
OK, the ground wire goes to a plate that should be around the bulb. then it has a piece coming off of it. There was a recall on the older models, I will send you a picture fro the recall that might help you see what it is. HERE is the page with a pretty good close up.