Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have a nissan pathfinder 1993. The central locking has stopped

Customer Question

I have a nissan pathfinder 1993.
The central locking has stopped working. It has been an intermittent fault but now has not been working for several days.
I would use the key on the drivers side door that opened all doors. Now when I turn the key none of the doors will open. I have been able to get through the back door that remained open.
Thanks
Mark
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

If you try on the passenger side, does it still work?

Let me know, Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No. I have never been able to unlock the vehicle from the passenger side. The passenger door will unlock from the drivers side (used to).
Expert:  Jay replied 5 years ago.
Key doesn't turn on the passenger side?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The key would turn but nothing would happen. Now I have the same problem on the drivers door.
Expert:  Jay replied 5 years ago.
Well the rod is probably popped off the lock cylinder on the passenger side. On the driver side, the key still locks and locks that door, it just doesn't do all the doors any more. Correct?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No that is not correct. I cannot lock and unlock the drivers side door with the key although the key turns in the lock. When I pull up and push down the lock form inside the vehicle it does still lock/unlock.
Expert:  Jay replied 5 years ago.
Ah, ok! You will need to remove the door panel and check the rod from the lock cylinder to the latch. I would also remove the passenger side also to correct that one also. Here is a image on the door panel.graphicgraphicgraphic

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience: 20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Okay. I will try that when I get home. Thanks
Mark
Expert:  Jay replied 5 years ago.
Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Thanks Jay!