marcpod, Own collision repair advice
Experience:  i-car/Basf training, 300 repairs and 650,000 in Collision 18 yrs exp licensed adjuster

I have an 1988 Nissan Desert Runner truck (Red, White and Blue)

I have an 1988 Nissan Desert Runner truck (Red, White and Blue) and are in need of the paint codes for all three colors. The paint shop tells me the plate on the passenger side engine compartment does not have all the info. Can you tell me the three color codes?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  marcpod replied 7 years ago.
Welcome to just answer. Can you give me your vin# and the colors of the paint that are on it right know.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The VIN is JN6HD11YXJW001203. It is original colors now. Red White and Blue. I need to codes to repaint.
Expert:  marcpod replied 7 years ago.

These are the colors on the vehicle

Red is code 465 bright red

white is code 002 mint white

blue is this a metallic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Blue is not metallic
Expert:  marcpod replied 7 years ago.

The blue has to be metallic may have a slight metallic in it look close at it. There are 2 codes that come up for the vehicle

Paint code for the blues are 426 bright blue metallic

The other is solar blue metallic code is BG7

Here is the list of colors on the vehicles. If you need anything else just let me know.

Choose Color (1988 Nissan Truck)

Make Note: Click here for Nissan paint code location diagrams and label examples.
Color Code Color Description Vehicle Part
002 Mint White Exterior
426 Brt Blue Met Exterior
463 Dk Gray Met Exterior
465 Brt Red Exterior
505 Thunder Black Exterior
549 Silver Frost Met Exterior
624 Cabernet Prl Exterior
BG7 Solar Blue Met Exterior
CG0 Golden Brown Met Exterior
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This was a limited edition truck and the the blue may have been something other than the standard colors for that year. But it is not metallic. The Red and White codes you can up with is the same as what I was thinking. But the blue is still up for grabs.
Expert:  marcpod replied 7 years ago.
I worked for a paint supplier a time ago what you can do is go to a auto parts store they can verify the colors that you need. You could actually get the color from a NAPA auto parts store if they sell paints and they should have some color charts and packages for that specific vehicle. Ok my freind.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I appreciate your effort but I was after all the codes so there would be no possibility of error. The paint shop has already told me they could scan the colors. Is that your final answer?
Expert:  marcpod replied 7 years ago.
Do you have the production date of vehicle
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  marcpod replied 7 years ago.
so that was an early model here is the paint code is 424 dk blue. there you go my friend. If you need anything else just let me know.