BigBob
BigBob, Shop manager/technician
Experience:  Shop Manager with 25 years experience
13327319

what the average life expectancy of an 01-03 nissian xterra

what the average life expectancy of an 01-03 nissian xterra 4x4 mileage wise. i am looking a buying a used one and was wondering if 140,000 is too many miles for this type of vehicle.
Greetings,

That is a little over the average per year but not too bad. Make sure the timing belt has been done. Without knowing the maintenece history will be hard to tell, but if the oil changes and preventive maintenance has been done these vehicles will go at least 200-250k miles.
Here is a short reliability report we use for our customers at the shop.
graphic
let me know if I can help further.

Good luck,
Bob

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the car is in great shape, I will have to find out more about the maintence. problem is that the car is a dealership and they probably have no idea. they are asking $6,900. but are willing to take reasonable offers. I was going to offer around $5,700. it is a 4x4 and doesn't look like it's done much off-roading. the skid plate and a-arms are even scratched. I appreciate you answers!
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. You might check if they offer carfax reports for free, that will tell if it has been in an accident.

Bob