Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

where is the ECM/ECU located on 1999 QX4

where is the ECM/ECU located on 1999 QX4?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 7 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

4x4?

Let me know, Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes 4x4
Expert:  Jay replied 7 years ago.
Here is a image of it's location for you.graphic

thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
diagram shows center of console, nothing there but airconditioning duct.
Expert:  Jay replied 7 years ago.
You may need to remove the radio to get at it. Also take a peak from under the drivers side dash and see if you can spot it. It's there!

Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am going to accept and approve your payment because I know you tried to help. I did find a "silver box" under the dash kind of right in front of the driver's knee (just left of the center console) with a very large strip connector bolted into it. This may be what I am looking for. What I am really looking for is a screw on the module called a diagnostic control switch to reset my Service Engine Light. Do you think this is the ECM? I did not see a screw on it anywhere that would be a diagnostice control switch?
Expert:  Jay replied 7 years ago.
Your model does not have the Diagnoistic screw on the Ecm. Are you trying to read a code or clear the light? Yes that sounds like you found the Ecm.

Let me know, Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am trying to clear the light but I do not have a scan tool to hook to the DLC. I have read about turning ignition on and pumping gas pedal for different seconds in different patterns but that did not work. I was hoping there was a screw.
Expert:  Jay replied 7 years ago.
Sorry, no screw. If you want to just clear the light, disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery for 10 mins. If the light is still on after you reconnect it, then you have a hard code, and you will need a scan tool to get the code so the proper repair could be made.

Thanks Jay!