Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Hi. I have a 2007 Nissan Versa. The keyless entry is not working

Hi. I have a 2007 Nissan Versa. The keyless entry is not working properly. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Today, I opened the fob and tried to unlock the driver door with the key, and it wouldn't work even with the key. Then I put the key back in the remote, put that in purse and tried the button again....and it worked. I was out there for about 5 minutes trying to unlock that car. Not bad in daylight, but I have to be sure this is not a continuing problem. I thought I was stranded!

Is there a battery in the remote? I can't see how to get to it.

Alicia Heyman [email protected]
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

I would first change the battery in the fob and see if that helps. If it does not, then try switching to your spare and see if that works better. If it does, then it could be a fob is going bad.graphic

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks Jay,
Boy, they sure make it a mystery as to how to open the fob to change the battery. One more question about this. When I pulled out the key yesterday and tried using it...even the key didn't work. What good is a key backup if it doesn't work when the battery goes dead? Is this typical?

I don't have spare fob. This was a used car and only came with one.
No it isn't I would try the spare key also and see if it works. If neither key works, and you have under 36k miles bring it to the dealer and let them take care of it for you. This is not normal, that is why I would like you to double check, by using it in the drivers door, and the ignition.