Roy
Roy, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Nissan Master technician
8127795

THE PO447 CODE IN MY CAR CAME ON AND I WAS TOLD THAT IT HAS

Customer Question

THE PO447 CODE IN MY CAR CAME ON AND I WAS TOLD THAT IT HAS TO DO WITH THE EVAP CANISTER. SO ROY GIVES ME THE INFORMATION I NEED...THANK YOU...ROY...BUT I ACCIDENTALLY PUSHED THE WRONG BUTON AND LOST HIM...SO NOW I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION.

WHEN I LOOK UNDER MY CAR IN THE BACK TOWARDS THE TRUNK ON THE SIDE WHERE YOU PUT GAS IN THERE IS A COUPLE OF PIPES AND A WIRE WITH A BLUE PLUG THAT LOOKS LIKE IT IS MISSING EVERYTHING IN THAT AREA. ALSO WHILE I WAS UNDER THERE I NOTCED THE MUFFLER LEAKING A LITTLE WATER WHERE IT MEETS CLOSE TO THE BACK WHEEL. WHA COULD THIS BE? IS THE CAR SAFE TO DRIVE.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Roy replied 7 years ago.

HI!

If the muffler is leaking at the pipe it can leak water from the exhaust when cold, I would look at another car and compare it to see if something else is missing this would be the best way because I can not see what you are seeing . should be safe unless you are leaking fuel, then I would not drive the car. Thanks ROY!