Roy
Roy, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Nissan Master technician

12 NISSAN: CYLINDER HEAD..4CYL..THE ROCKER ARM ASSY (5 bolts)..MOUNT

NEED CYLINDER HEAD TORQUE SPECS AND TIGHTENING SEQUENCE FOR 4CYL A-12 NISSAN ENGINE ; YEAR APPROXIMATELY 1998-2000 ALSO FOR THE ROCKER ARM ASSY (5 bolts) ; THE ENGINE IS MOUNTED ON A FRAME ; TRUCK MOUNT CARPET CLEANING MACHINE CALLED PROCHEM PERFORMER #405 ; I WAS TOLD THIS ENGINE IS ALSO USED ON SOME FORK LIFTS ;
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Roy replied 4 years ago.

graphicHI!

Here is the torque for the head and sequence for the A-12 engine, let me know if you have more questions, Thanks graphicgraphic ROY!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
WHAT IS THE TORQUE FOR THE ROCKER ARM ASSY ??
Expert:  Roy replied 4 years ago.

HI!

I knew you would ask that ,they do not list it I think it is around 8 to 10 ft.lbs no tighter , do it slow, so you do not bind the shaft or the rockers this can snap the rocker shaft if not careful, Thanks ROY!

Roy, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Nissan Master technician
Expert:  Roy replied 4 years ago.

HI!

Let me know if you need more help , Thanks ROY!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

NEED PROCEDURE TO ADJUST ROCKER ARM ASSY ON A-12 NISSAN 4CYL 1998-2000 ENGINE ??

Expert:  Roy replied 4 years ago.

OK!

The A-12 engine the rockers have a screw down the middle with a lock nut 12mm, the easy way to do this is put the engine on TDC remove the distributor cap and look at the rotor on number 1 cylinder, both intake and exhaust valves will be on the highest point , then adjust the clearance with a feeler gage, the clearance should be (.010" )intake and exhaust rockers, if the engine is warm the clearance is (.010") intake and (.012") exhaust. then rotate to the next cylinder number 3 and do the same adjustment until all are set. if still noisy do the warm adjustment , Thanks let me know if you have more questions, ROY!

Roy, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Nissan Master technician