Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer

my service engine soon light keeps blinking on and off, and

my service engine soon light keeps blinking on and off, and when my car is at a complete stop it idles with a vibration: How long do i have before the motor fails or burn out?
Hello and thank you for using

When the engine light is flashing, that is a indication that you could do engine damage by driving it. The shaking is most likely a cylinder misfire. I would have it checked right away.

Hope this helps. Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks Jay......... I went to Auto-Zone and received a print-out of the possible problems and thats exactly what your answer said!!!
Your welcome and thank you for using

Thanks Jay!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How much would a cat converter cost?
I am not total sure. I know the Nissan ones are over 400 bucks. But if you go after market they are cheaper. If you go after market, just make sure you get a rear 02 spacer.

Thanks Jay!