Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer

2003 2.5sl altima exhaust leak somewhere around the header

2003 2.5sl altima exhaust leak somewhere around the header to head area, cant find. already changed header to head gasket and donut gasket as well no luck. any thing like this ever in your experience?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 7 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using

This is what I have seen as far as exhaust leaks around the exhaust manifold. I have seen where the upper 02 sensor threads, that sleeve crack and separate. I have also seen where the flex pipe is, there is a exhaust bracket. I have seen this bracket get damages pulling the flex pipe away from the manifold off that donut gasket and leak there. Those are the most common I have seen as far as exhaust leaks at the manifold. If you find that it's the actual manifold cracked and leaking, the manifold has a 8 year or 80k mile warranty. If you are over that then you may be on your own. I have seen this with the factory manifolds. If you replaced it with a after market one, I am not familiar with where they break.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!