Adin3, Nissan Mechanic
Experience:  Autozone Manager 3 years, mechanic 10 years

Nissan TCS and SLIP light on. How to fix it?

What do the "TCS OFF" and "SLIP" warning lights on the dash mean? I was on the road, the car seemed as if it was going to stall and the warning lights mentioned above came on. The car sat for about 10 minutes. I restarted it and the lights were off and the car ran fine. What could the potential problem be?

Category: Nissan
Expert:  Adin3 replied 7 years ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
This car has traction control. As soon as the car senses that the car is loosing traction (due to rain weather, wet roads) the traction control will come on and cut power off to make sure the car does not skid. This will cause the lights to come on.
The other possibility is a bad wheel sensor. If the computer does not get correct input from a wheel sensor it may think it's slipping and therefor the TCS off light and SLIP will come on.