Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Qualified to repair all makes and models.

navara..solid and the 4WD indicator flashes..2wd..warning light comes

I have a 2008 Navara, the 4WD light comes on solid and the 4WD indicator flashes. If you put it into 4WD and then back to 2WD, it dissapears for a while but then the 4WD warning light comes on again,
Any ideas ?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Tom replied 7 years ago.
Was there any work done prior to this happening ,have you had it scanned to see what code is stored for this problem yet?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no work done. not been to the dealer yet. trying to workout if its safe to drive it?
Expert:  Tom replied 7 years ago.
There are 3 sensors on the transfer case most likely one of the sensors are bad causing this issue ,as for safety you can bring it to the dealer which I would do asap to get this fixed,as long as its shifting ok you can drive it to the dealer
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
last question,
I need to do 200 mile round trip, all motorway and 2wd first. it shifts fine, do you think ill be ok ?
Expert:  Tom replied 7 years ago.
It shoulod do just fine but I would bring it in as soon as yo get back to have it fixed ,also they will give yo a loaner car to use while its being repaired you can also try that