SHAREREPAIR
SHAREREPAIR, MASTER AUTO TECH.
Experience:  22 yrs. exp. in general auto repair, Nissan, Toyo, Dodge, GM, etc.
19682432

Which fuse controls the dashboard lights?

Which fuse controls the dashboard lights? I am looking at the fuse box and it doesn't tell me which it is?

Year: 2006
Make: Nissan
Model: sentra se-r
Engine: 2.5 I-4

Already Tried:
My dashboard lights went out i turned the brightness switch both directions to make sure it wasn't that. After looking at the fuse box it is confusing me which fuse I need to replace. The other electronics are working fine as far as I can tell but the dash isn't lighting up (except for the brake check engine etc when i turn key to accessories in the ignition) so i figure its a fuse.

Category: Nissan
Expert:  SHAREREPAIR replied 6 years ago.

Do you have the owners book handy (in glovebox perhaps?)

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunately, my car was used and didn't have the manual. I spent about half an hour trying to track it down online with no sucess.
Do you have an ohms meter, or test light?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no i don't sadly. But i do have the listing of the fuse types on me.
did you look in the inside of the plastic cover that you removed when you acessed the fuse box?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes i do the optiosn listed that i think it could be are electionic parts hazard lamp turn lamp room lamp and stop lamp.
Nothing says guages or dash?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no that is why i'm confused it doesn't make sense.
are your stop lamps out also? how about parking lamps? let me know
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok my stop lamps and my park are out. However there isn't a fuse selection for parking but there is for stop is that it?
Yes, take that fuse out (makesure you're holding the cover that tells the location the right way so that youlocate the right fuse. If the fuse box has a white little tool in it (or in the cover, use it to pull the fuse (or use your fingernails. Now, tell me if the middle of the fuse is broken.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes it is broken it is a 10a i have to get another one. should i disconnect the battery before replacing the fuse? and if it blows again what does that mean?

No you wont have to disconnect the battery, You cane look at the cover once again and find where in the fuse box the spare fuses are located (should be one 10 amp one 15 amp and a 20 amp. Use the 10 amp spare (make sure it's the spare) and replace, everything should work fine now.

I doubt it will blow again (car is fairly new to have electrical problems) unless you have loose change in the ashtrey lighter (shorts out the fuse sometimes, also cheap phone chargers). after making sure the lighter is clear of everything, change the fuse. If it blows again you'll need to bring it to a shop to check for a short. (don't worry it's probably the lighter or just a blown fuse.

Let me know if you need any further help, I'll be glad to assist you,

Bill

SHAREREPAIR, MASTER AUTO TECH.
Experience: 22 yrs. exp. in general auto repair, Nissan, Toyo, Dodge, GM, etc.