Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer

Nissan pathfinder: 2005 model..vaccum..the canister valve..fuel level

Customer Question

I have this code in my nissan pathfinder 2005 model P0455, and the system has been checked no laek on the vaccum line or the canister valve, this code always comes up when my fuel level is 3/4 full, can you please help.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 7 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using

The code P0455 is for a Evap gross leak. Meaning the Evap system has a open leak some where in the system. You will need to have the Evap system checked as well as having the system smoke tested. A smoke test is when they take a smoke machine and fill the evap system with this smoke to detect the location of the leak so it can be repaired. This is the only way to find a evap leak if visually nothing can be found.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!