tklusman3
tklusman3, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner independant import repair shop. 35 years experience
20337041

Nissan Quest XE: />Where are three fuel injectors located for the back

Customer Question

I have a Nissan Quest XE 1997.
Where are three fuel injectors located for the back ?( show me picture please). How do I change it? and Could you please show me how to relieve the pressure in the fuel system?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  tklusman3 replied 7 years ago.
The three injector in the rear are located under the upper intake. You must remove the upper intake to get to these injectors. I am sorry but I have no pictures. release fuel presure by removing the fuel pump fuse and start engine and allow it to stall. crank the engine 2 more time to remove any extra. disconnect neg batt cable, ramove accell and cruise cables, disconnect wiring to all sensors, solenoids and ground harness, disconect PCV, can purge, brake booster hoses,EGR, fuel press reg and carbon canister vaccuum hoses, disconnect EGR flare tube, air hoses from intake air duct and aux air control valve. Drain coolant sys, remove coolant hoses from throttle body. remove upper intake. disconect inj wiring harn, remove inlet and outlet hoses. remove inj holders , remove rail, remove inj from fuel rail
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your answer
my car is dead now. I took the car to the dealer shop and he told me the two rear fuel injectors was broken.
My car could not start, so how do I release fuse presure?
Thaks
Expert:  tklusman3 replied 7 years ago.

If your car does not crank over and start then you might have to slowly remove one of the lines to the fuel filter to bleed off any extra fuel pressure. Since there are no test ports I cannot think of any other safe way. Sometimes it is just as easy to remove pressure at the rail were the main fuel line goes in, catching any fuel with a rag.

Hope This Helps