Nathan, Nissan Technician
Experience:  17+ sole Nissan Experience, Master ASE and Master Nissan trained.
19225669

1999 Nissan Quest: blow cold air..The blower runs fine in the rear

I have a 1999 Nissan Quest and the rear a/c does not blow cold air. The front a/c works fine. The blower runs fine in the rear. What could be the problem?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 years ago.
There is a small filter that sits inline before the rear evaporater. This filter looks just like a FORD orfice tube but is actually just a filter. This filter may be clogged. There is also a posibility that the expansion valve could be clogged or malfunctioning for the rear evaporater core. If the lowside lines entering the rear evap are nice and cold then the above may not be the problem. If this is the case the blend door may be inoperative or stuck usually as a result of a bad blend door actuator.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Where is the rear evaporater located.
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 years ago.
Let me see if I can find you some pict's. But basically the evap is right next to the rear blower blower motor behind the interior side trims in the back of the vehicle. However you can see the line coming out from under the vehicle. It is at the right rear corner of the vehicle behind the interior trim.
graphic
graphic
To inspect for clogging the system will have t be discharged and the lines removed off of the rear evap to see if debris is found in the filter. To replace the expansion valve requires the removal of the entire rear air evap case assembly and disassembly of the case.