Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Sentra: keys..there a way to get the door unlocked

locked my keys in my 02 sentra, is there a way to get the door unlocked?
There is no special procedure. You can go to the dealership and get a key made for arond otherwise you can take a wedge of some type, wrap it in a sock so you do not scratch the paint and wedge the top of the door open a inch or two just enough room to get a wire hanger inside the car to hit the unlock button or pull out your keys. Let me know if you have questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Greetings Dan,

thanks for the answer. I am out in the middle of no where so the dealership is not an option. So I will try the ol wedge in a sock. Great idea. Thanks.

Have a great day!

Bruce

I'm happy I was able to help, a wedge and a hanger should do the trick just might take awhile. I had to do the same thing a couple days ago on my car.......I left my keys on the seat in the car and was able to pick them up with the hanger and pull them out of the wedged open door. Good luck and let me know if you need anything.