Ask Infiniti Nissan Specialist Your Own Q...
Infiniti Nissan Specialist
Infiniti Nissan Specialist, ASE master technician
Experience:  Infiniti Nissan specialist. ASE Master technician. 25+ years general automotive experience

2006 Altima: the low beam headlights..adjusted

Customer Question

Can the low beam headlights on a 2006 Altima be adjusted? The sight distance is terrible.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Infiniti Nissan Specialist replied 7 years ago.
graphicYes you can adjust the lamps! Most often they are adjusted using a medium length phillips head screwdriver that is positioned through a slotted guide from the top of the lamp. The adjustment screw is shown on the picture I've attached. I recommend positioning the car on a level surface and reflect the lights on a flat wall or garage door, then adjust them equally.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have looked several times at your diagram and my car but I don't see the similarity. Are you sure the diagram is for a 2006 Altima 2.5S? Do I need to remove the air intake from the left (driver) side? What about the right side?
I just do not see the adjustment screw.
There was a change in body in late 2006, you may have the later. Below is a diagram of the late 2006-07 headlamp adjuster. Nothing should need to be removed for access. Sometimes they are very difficult to see without a flashlight. The headlights almost always have a U shaped plastic portion that is intended to "guide" the screwdriver down to the adjuster.