rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

2001 Altima: replace the crank position sensor..with a 3.5 engine

I need to replace the crank position sensor on a 2001 Altima with a 3.5 engine. Where is it located and how hard is it to do?

Hi TXTgraphicumbleWeed1968,

Here's the PICs of it and how to do it.

Thanks for your question and positive feedback,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I appreciate the photos, but what I need to know a bit more. Which side of the engine is it on, as you sit in the car? Do I need to take anything else off to remove the old sensor? Do I need any special tools to do the work? Once I remove the bolts that hold it in place, are there any electrical connections I have to deal with, if so, how do I deal with them or do I just replace the old sensor with the new one?

There are no better PICs than this, you need the car in the air to see where it is in reference to the O2 sensor. There are no special instructions or tools needed, and it's not hard to do if the car is in the air. Also, I can still help you after you have ACCEPTED too.

Thanks again,