Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

P0325 knock sensor 1 circuit malfunction [ bank 1 or single sensor

p0325 knock sensor 1 circuit malfunction [ bank 1 or single sensor what does this mean
Hi there! This part is used by the ecm to determine if the timing needs to be advanced to prevent pinging from unleaded fuel. It is a very common code and really has no ill affect on the engine. It is such a minor code it won't even turn the check engine light on when it happens. It senses any type of ping or knock in the engine, even sounds that are not audible to us. Please reply if needed! Hope this helps! Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
my car won't pass inspection with it what do i do it all so shows a p1448 what does that mean
What is the year and model of your nissan?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
1998 pathfinder
OK. The 1448 code is for the vent control valve. It is located on the charcol canister on the back of the truck. The ecm is seeing a problem with the pressure not building up on the pressure sensor, this indicates to the computer that the vent control valve is not working. This is a very common problem and it likely needs to be replaced. After time the valve rusts out inside and just doesn't close like it should. This code is why the check engine light is on. If you repair/replace this valve and clear the check engine light, once the truck has gone through it's drive cycle you should pass the inspection. Even without replacing the knock sensor.
HERE is some info on the valve for you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
so what should i replace vent control vavle or the whole charcol canister
There are two 10 mm bolts that hold the valve to the canister. If you can get them out, then just the vent control valve will do the trick. Many times they will be rusted in, it that is the case and they break, you will have to replace both.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok thank u how much does that usely coast
I think the valve is roughly $120-$140 dollars. Not sure what the labor would be to install it. I should be close on the part price though, just put one in my altima.