Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Hi.. i have 97 N.Pathfinder 3.3L and check engine is on..PO

Customer Question

hi.. i have '97 N.Pathfinder 3.3L and check engine is on. There's PO code 0443 and 1447 and 325. Can you pls. help me how to fix it. Thank you so much.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Kat replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for using Just Answer!!

The P0325 is for the knock sensor only. Replace the knock sensor.

The P0443 and P1447 are for the EVAP canister purge control solenoid valve. This could be due to the following problems:

EVAP canister purge control valve
EVAP control system pressure system
Vacuum leak from a hose
cracked EVAP canister
Absolute pressure sensor
MAP/BARO switch soleniod valve

All of these items have to be checked using a voltmeter and/or a vacuum pump. If you are capable of checking these items I can get you the instructions. Let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hi..Kat. its more better if you can give me the instruction how to do it, especially where are those Absolute pressure sensor and MAP/BARO switch solenoid valve.thanks.
Expert:  Kat replied 5 years ago.
For some reason I cannot get my documents to paste to this post. Do you have a fax machine that I can send you some paper work to??
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i'm sorry our fax machine is not working right now. anyway, i can wait if you are ready to send it to me.
Expert:  Kat replied 5 years ago.
I cannot get my computer to work right. I might be able to email you the documents but I cannot get them to attach to this post for some reason. If you do not have an email address I will opt out so that someone else might be able to assist you. Sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing you.

Expert:  Jay replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

The first code the P0325 for the Knock sensor. I would try to clear the code and see if it returns. It could be just a false code. If it does not clear, then the sensor will need to be replaced. The sensor is located on the top of the engine block under the intake manifold. So the upper part of the engine has to be removed to replace that sensor. That is why I am saying to try to clear it first. Here is a image on where it is located.graphic

As for the other 2 codes. P0443 and the P1447 Both are evap system codes and are involved in the evap purge system. Here is a image of the purge control valve under the hood. Disconnect the rubber hose to it and see if you get small rubber pellets. That is most likely the problem since you have so many purge codes. If you find pellets then the evap canister has broken and contaminated the system and will require the system to be blown out and maybe some components to be replaced. graphic
graphic
If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!