Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Mechanic, Mobile Elect., ARA Cert.
Experience:  Have been Repairing most makes of Nissan for over 30 years, even when they were Datsun
1609972

2004 nissan maxima: the entire harness..intake manifold..throttle body

I broke the plug for the camshaft position sensor on a 2004 nissan maxima. I guess i need to replace the entire harness, which appears to connect to a knock sensor on the engine block below the intake manifold. is it possible to replace the harness without removing the throttle body, intake manifolds, etc to get at that knock sensor?

I would look for a used harness or the ends that you need at a Salvage Yard, prior to replacing the complete harness.
You may even contact the Dealer to see if they have any ends that can be installed for what you need.
As far as replacing the Knock Sensor plug, the only way to do that would be to remove the Intake, unless the Knock Sensor is plugged in & the wires are exposed to splice

If you need procedure to get to the Knock Sensor, let me know

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok, i dont need to replace the knock sensor plug, just remove it if i need to replace the harness. is it possible to remove the plug (not the sensor) without removing the intakes? if not, i guess it's a trip to the salvage yard for the cam plug. thanks
As long as you can get to the wires coming from the Knock Sensor & it is plugged in now, then you don't need to unplug it to splice in the Cam Sensor harness extension.
You would be money & time ahead if you can get the Cam Sensor Plug end & splice it into the existing harness, if that is all you need. This is only if there is enough wire & you are able to get to it without removing much.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK-thanks
You are welcome.....
Thank You
Thanks for using J/A