rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

1997 Nissan Maxima: It stalls at idle..slowing down..Air intake..maf

Customer Question

I have a 1997 Nissan Maxima. It stalls at idle, at random times, or when slowing down to an almost stopped position. I have had the Air intake cleaned, Idle air control valve cleaned, MAF cleaned, and still no solution. Im losing sleep over this.!Arg~Could it be something as simple as the idle has slowly gotten too low? Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 years ago.

I would scan the computer and see what all the related PID's are doing at idle, especially the fuel trims and computer control to the IAC motor. The TP sensor also can cause this.

Thanks in advance for your ACCEPT and POSITIVE feedback,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hello Ron,

No error codes are showing up and nothing is out of normal on the computer readings. Thats what is so frustrating. Its not giving me anything to go on.

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 years ago.

I'm not looking for codes, I'm looking for the data that I mentioned. This will lead us to the cure.

Thanks again in advance for your ACCEPT,